Event, Festival: OldTown Festival 2021;
Organizer: The person empowered by Association of Simulations and Field Games Organizers OldTown;
Participant: A person who bought an OldTown Festival 2021 accreditation or had an accreditation bought for them;
Accreditation Procedure: The process of issuing an ID to the participant, verification of their authorities & accesses, familiarization with the event regulations and other documents, signing any suitable declarations and statements;
Exhibitor: The person authorized to manage commercial trade/services based on an agreement with the organizer;
(Game) Mechanics: A set of rules for OldTown Festival 2021.
I. Purpose of OldTown Festival 2021
1. Popularization of post-apocalyptic fantasy in all forms and integration of its fans and creators.
2. Popularization and promotion of alternative forms of entertainment such as LARPs and field games.
3. Promotion of Stargard in Poland and worldwide.
II. Organizer of OldTown Festival 2021
1. OldTown Festival 2021 is organised by:
The Association of Simulations and Field Games Organizers OldTown
KRS number: 0000556634
Address: 73-110 Stargard, ul. Mikołaja Reja 5a / 1
2. Between 6th and 11th July 2021 the Association’s office will be placed at OldTown LARP location in 103 field of Kluczewo airport in Stargard, at a central place of the Event, in a building marked with the sign “Office” (“Biuro”).
1. Regulations apply to everyone who will be staying at the location of the Event when the Event will take place. Every person staying at the event site during the festival is obliged to adhere to these regulations.
2. Purpose of these regulations is to ensure the safety of the Event participants by defining behavioral rules of the Event participants and the rules regarding using the LARP site.
IV. Date and Place
1. OldTown Festival 2021 will take place between 6th and 11th July 2021.
2. OldTown Festival 2021 will take place at Kluczewo airfield, Stargard, West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland. The exact place of the festival is marked on the website map and goes along the Warnice Road.
3. The Event will begin at 08:00 AM on Tuesday, the 6th of July, and end at 11:00 PM on Sunday, the 11th of July.
1. OldTown Festival 2021 can only be attended by people who turn 18 years old by 6th July 2021.
2. All the OldTown Festival 2021 participants must be verified by the organizers via the accreditation procedure.
3. The participant will receive an OldTown-ID after being successfully verified by an organizer during the accreditation procedure, during which the participant must present a proof of purchase of OldTown Festival 2021 accreditation and a proof of identity. During the accreditation procedure the participant is obliged to familiarize themselves with Event regulations as well as other documents (game mechanics etc.) and confirm their acceptance with a signature. At the same time every participant is obliged to declare a lack of medical conditions disabling them from participating in a LARP. When collecting the OldTown-ID, every participant is obliged to sign an agreement to participate in OldTown Festival 2021 at their own responsibility.
4. Expressing the willingness to participate in the Event is tantamount to declaring an awareness that in designated places at the festival site ASG fights, melee fights (with adherence to the game mechanics) can take place and moving mechanical vehicles may be encountered.
5. Every participant of OldTown Festival 2021 is obliged to abide by these regulations, fire regulations and any other regulations in force at campsites and game sites, not excluding obligations from law.
6. Failure to comply with the aforementioned obligations above can’t become a basis to eventual claims addressed to the OldTown Festival 2021 organizers.
7. People not complying to the regulations (including other related documents) may be removed from OldTown Festival 2021 site without the right to cost reimbursement.
8. Every participant pays for insurance on their own.
9. Every participant confirms they participate in OldTown Festival 2021 solely at their own responsibility and bear any and all associated risks, acknowledging that participating in the festival may include physical effort, tough household conditions, noise, humidity etc. and entails a natural risk of accidents, possible physical damages and injuries (including death) as well as property damage and loss.
10. Every OldTown Festival 2021 participant is obliged to have:
– an eye protection (min. 2J resistance – net equipment disallowed),
– a yellow reflective vest,
– a LARP costume styled in the Event theme.
2. These items might be checked for safety by the organizers before the game starts.
3. Participants may not go outside the terrain indicated by organizers.
4. Participants enter/climb buildings/constructions at the Event site at their own risk. The same applies to climbing trees etc.
1. Tickets for OldTown Festival 2021 can be purchased until July 6h, 2021 or until the limit is reached. After July 6th, 2021 the participation submissions won’t be accepted regardless of the limit.
2. Organizers may extend the ticket purchase term.
3. Ticket purchase is considered as applying for participation in OldTown Festival 2021.
4. The organizer sets the limit of participants at 950 persons.
5. The accreditations are sold via www.ticketos.pl website according to sales regulations.
6. To take part in OldTown Festival 2021 the participants will also have to positively undergo the verification during the aforementioned accreditation procedure.
7. The payment, once made, is not subject to a refund.
VII. Other rules & regulations
1. Only people with a valid and signed, visibly displayed OldTown-ID are allowed at OldTown Festival 2021 site. In case of loss or destruction of their OldTown-ID the participant is obliged to immediately report to the organizers.
2. Every participant retains full legal and financial responsibility for their actions during their stay at the festival site, from the moment of their arrival until the moment of their departure.
3. The organizer does not bear the responsibility for any participant’s personal property lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed during the festival.
4. The festival site will be equipped with an emergency pre-medical assistance point manned by persons trained in providing first aid. People suffering from chronic diseases, allergies etc. are obliged to have their own medicine and information concerning their health, illnesses or difficulties in treatment.
5. Possession and use of any illegal drugs and psychoactive substances is strictly forbidden at OldTown Festival 2021. Same applies to designer drugs.
6. Inebriated and/or intoxicated persons, persons displaying an aggressive behavior and persons posing any hazard to other participants’ wellbeing may be removed from the festival grounds.
7. OldTown Festival 2021 participants are obliged to keep the site clean and tidy, with special attention to the encampment grounds.
8. Smoking tobacco and lighting open fires may only take place in places designated by the organizers, while adhering to fire safety rules. In case of a fire hazard announcement lighting any fires is forbidden.
9. Any and all safety, ordinal or organization breaches should be immediately reported to the organizers.
VIII. Organizer privileges
1. Organizer representatives and security enforcement staff will be on site at OldTown Festival 2021 at all times.
2. LARP participants as well as any other persons present at the festival site are obliged to thoroughly follow the organizer and security staff orders as well as the organizer announcements. Refusing to comply with these orders and announcements may only be justified if they are contradicting the local law.
3. During the OldTown Festival 2021 the organizer provides safety to the participants and persons present at the festival site by (among others):
ensuring the presence of security staff wearing distinctive outfits,
providing a medical aid facility as mentioned above.
2. The security staff is entitled to:
– check the permission to be present at the festival grounds,
– verify the identity documents to establish the person’s identity,
– check the contents of bags, clothes etc. in case of suspicion of bringing or possessing any hazardous items,
– issue commands to people disturbing the order or acting in discord with the regulations, and in case of lack of compliance, ask them to leave the festival grounds,
– use physical force i.e. overpowering grips or other similar techniques of defense in case of danger to protected property or repelling attacks directed at the security staff member/s or other participant/s, under the terms of Persons and Property Protection Act of August 22, 1997. (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland, No. 114, item 740, as amended).
– apprehend and hold any person/s creating imminent threat to human life or wellbeing as well as any protected property in order to promptly turn them over to the police.
3. The organizer reserves the right to set and change course of the event for justifiable reasons such as cancellation of arrival by the artist, force majeure, inclement weather conditions etc., and also the right to set and change the event programme in terms of time and content without earlier consultation or reimbursement.
IX. Hazardous items
1. Participants are specifically prohibited from bringing weapons (bows, crossbows, slingshots etc.) or any other hazardous items including but not limited to explosives and pyrotechnics to the festival site without an official permission from the organizer. Permission, if granted, still does not shift the responsibility for the results of using these items onto the organizer.
2. All pyrotechnics present at the festival site are to be registered and controlled by the organizer. Participant keeping or using such materials is obliged to closely follow the producer’s instructions and the fire safety regulations.
3. It is forbidden to use devices such as a megaphone for entertainment – those are used only for organization and informative purposes.
X. LARP & ASG
1. During OldTown Festival 2021 a field game (LARP) will be taking place in a place & time designated by the organizers.
2. It is required to use extra caution during the field game, and it is forbidden to enter any areas marked by the organizers as excluded from the game.
3. In areas designated for ASG use it is paramount to wear safety goggles at all times.
4. In areas not designated for ASG use (OFF-ASG areas) it is absolutely forbidden to use ASG weapon replicas and/or pyrotechnics.
5. Players must abide by the rules of game Mechanics during the field game.
6. By taking part in the field game the participant declares they are aware of the risks related to participating in a LARP.
1. Mechanical vehicles may be driving in areas designated by the organizers.
2. Every mechanical vehicle entering the festival site must be registered by the organizers.
3. Registering of the vehicle involves, among other things, indicating the person responsible for this vehicle, should the owner not be present.
4. Every registered vehicle gets a sticker confirming the registration from the organizers. This sticker has to be visibly placed on the vehicle for the duration of the festival.
5. Moving around the festival grounds in unregistered vehicles is strictly prohibited.
6. During the festival driving vehicles when inebriated or intoxicated is strictly prohibited.
7. The responsibility for any harm done by the mechanical vehicle is borne exclusively by the vehicle driver and the vehicle owner or by the aforementioned person responsible for the vehicle.
1. In areas designated by the organizers exhibitors will be able to run businesses selling food, drinks, including alcohol and other wares. Trade (unrelated to the game plot) is possible only when allowed by the organizer and based on agreements signed by the organizer with the exhibitor.
2. Selling alcohol to the inebriated is forbidden at the festival site.
3. It is forbidden to run a business (unrelated to the game plot) or any other trade activity without an approval from the organizers.
4. You must obtain approval from the organizers in order to use the festival as an occasion to run a promotional campaign or to spread any advertising materials.
XIII. Special rules related to preventing, counteracting and combating COVID-19, other infectious diseases and emergencies caused by them
1. Participation in the event is possible provided that a written declaration of health is submitted. They cannot be attended by a person who, according to their knowledge:
– Is infected or suspects you have an infection,
– is in quarantine,
– is under epidemiological supervision.
2. Due to the epidemiological risk, the statement also includes an epidemiological questionnaire, information about being vaccinated or not (as at the start of the event) and contact information to the closest person (ICE)
3. The declaration template is available on the Organiser’s website. It is possible to print the declaration form yourself, but you must sign it in the presence of the event staff before entering the premises.
4. The organizer will provide forms of statements and the possibility to fill them before entering the event area.
5. Persons who fail to complete the declaration may not participate in it.
6. The condition for participation in the event is to provide the participant’s personal data (name, surname, telephone number) in terms of the possible need to make them available to Country Sanitary and Epidemiological services. Providing personal data also means consenting to their processing by the organizer in accordance with the GDPR policy for a period of 2 weeks from the event.
7. The event staff may refuse admission to the event area to persons who show symptoms indicating the possibility of infection (cough, difficulty breathing, malaise, increased temperature).
8. In the event area, it is obligatory to cover the mouth and nose and keep a distance of min. 1.5 meters in accordance with the currently applicable regulation and the provisions of the Act of October 28, 2020 amending certain acts in connection with counteracting crisis situations related to the occurrence of COVID-19.
9. The event participant is required to equip himself with personal protective equipment and use them by covering his mouth and nose. Failure to comply with these regimes will result in the entrant being asked to comply with the above obligations and, in the event of further waiver, will be asked to leave the event site. Only face masks are accepted, no visors, scarves etc. can be used.
10. Personal protection equipment should be disposed of in properly marked containers.
11. The Organizer’s volunteers are equipped with personal protective equipment.
12. Before entering the event area, it is necessary to disinfect your hands, disinfecting liquid is available at the event area.
13. Participants undertake to comply with the requirements and rules of the event, including the posted signs and information boards, as well as to follow the Organizer’s instructions.
14. It is recommended to keep an appropriate social distance when using the toilets, both in terms of using the rooms themselves and waiting for access to the rooms (keeping a 2-meter distance).
15. Critical places for coronavirus emissions in the area of the event are daily disinfected by the Organizer.
16. The props issued by the Organizer are disinfected before being handed over to the participants.
17. The organizer informs that he has appointed a Coordinator for health matters dealing with tasks related to the observance of all established sanitary procedures and maintaining constant contact with the County Sanitary and Epidemiological Station.
XIV. Final provisions
1. The terms & regulations are available at www.oldtownfestival.net website and in the event brochure.
2. OldTown Festival 2021 Game Mechanics is an inseparable element of these terms & regulations describing the rules for in-game behaviour.
3. By accepting these terms & regulations participants simultaneously agree for publishing their photos and nicknames at the official festival website and in the festival advertising materials.
4. The organizer retains the right to irrevocably decide in all contentious issues players may have as well as in any affairs not included in these terms & regulations.
5. The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the terms & regulations after publishing. The organizer ought to immediately announce the changes made on the festival website and via other applicable communication channels (Facebook etc.).